Court Participants should select the attendee registration option.
For those attending as Faculty Candidates, see below for additional information.
Executive Decision Making (CCE) - September/December 2023
Dates: 09/26/2023 12:00 PM - 10/04/2023 4:00 PM, 4
Location: Virtual National Program
Class status: Active
Certification Eligibility: This course meets a
requirement for the Certified Court Executive (CCE) credential.
IMPORTANT ONLINE COURSE FORMAT INFORMATION:
- Class will be in session on September
26-27 and October 03-04 from 12:00 - 4:00 pm
Eastern Time with a 15-minute break each day.
- Central Time: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Mountain Time: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Pacific Time: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Hawai'i Standard Time (HST): 6:00 am - 10:00
- Class will consist of live video lecture,
discussions, and group exercises. Zoom breakout rooms will be used for "table group" discussions and exercises.
- Participants must join the course via
computer (not just by phone) and remain engaged throughout the class sessions in order to successfully complete the course and receive their certificate.
- Participants must join from their own
device (larger than a phone) to be able to engage fully in polls, chats, and breakout groups.
- Participants may not participate as a group in a conference room using
only one computer.
- There will be pre-course assignments and required readings before class,
and short homework assignments between class sessions.
- Practice Sessions are highly recommended
for first-time ICM virtual course attendees. Sessions are held on the second Monday of each month from 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm Eastern Time. Join at 3:00 to receive a
full orientation to the Zoom features used in ICM courses. Click here to join each session - no pre-registration required.
Opportunity: Those from a Consortium state or Licensee Partner organization interested in becoming faculty for this course should contact their judicial educator to inquire
about the need for additional faculty before registering for the course. Once approved by your judicial educator/administrator, please register for the course and select the
"Faculty Candidate National Program" registration option at checkout.
Faculty candidates must complete the Adult Learning Theory virtual
session which includes information on adult learning theory, ICM faculty policies and presentation skills.
ICM Partner Faculty teaching ICM courses virtually are also required to
take a Faculty Strategies for Virtual Engagement virtual session to build their virtual teaching skills.
Both webinars will be held several times in 2023.
The Executive Decision-Making course provides court
leaders with tools they can use to enhance a court’s effectiveness, efficiency, fairness, and accessibility. The course teaches court leaders to: evaluate data; be a
knowledgeable consumer of research studies; diagnose court operations challenges; and create and communicate proposed solutions.
As a result of participating in this course,
participants will be able to:
- Describe how leadership styles, court culture and governance structures impact executive
- Apply leadership frameworks such as loosely coupled systems, productive pairs and servant leadership,
to enhance executive decision making in their own court.
- Create strategies to apply data-driven principles, evidence-based practices, national standards and
best practices to address local court challenges and strategic priorities.
- Implement strategies to adapt to the changing environment, including leveraging “big data,” using
artificial intelligence, incorporating visual data displays, and using business intelligence and analytic tools.
- Examine the ethical considerations inherent in the challenges of executive
Course Number: ICM23V-EDM1
Payment and ICM Cancellation Policies:
Course Certificates: Course
completion certificates will be given only to those participants who attend the entire course and who have made full tuition payment.
Cancellation Policy: Participants
who wish to cancel their registration must do so no later than ten business days prior to the start date of the course. Those who cancel fewer than ten days prior to the start
date will be charged a $100.00 cancellation fee. No refunds are given after the start of the course.
Certification Policy: It is ICM’s
policy that participants seeking program certification from ICM complete their course of study within a 7-year timeframe for each of the following two levels of certification:
Certified Court Manager (CCM) and Certified Court Executive (CCE).