Course Participants should select the attendee registration
For those attending as Faculty Candidates, see below for additional information.
Leadership (CCE) - April 2024
Fee Waived for Faculty Candidates
Dates: April 2-3, 9-10, 2024, 12 PM - 4 PM Eastern Time on
all 4 days
Location: Virtual National Program
Certification Eligibility: This course meets a requirement for the Certified Court Executive (CCE) credential.
IMPORTANT ONLINE COURSE FORMAT INFORMATION:
- Class will be in session on April
2-3 and 9-10, 2024, from 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm Eastern Time with a 15-minute break each
- Central Time: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Mountain Time: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Pacific Time: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm (includes Arizona
participants during Daylight Savings time)
- Class will consist of live video lecture,
discussions, and group exercises. Zoom breakout rooms will be used for "table group" discussions and exercises.
- Participants must join the course via
computer (not just by phone) and remain engaged throughout the class sessions in order to successfully complete the course and receive their certificate.
- Participants must join from their own
device (larger than a phone) to be able to engage fully in polls, chats, and breakout groups.
- Participants may not participate as a group in a conference room using
only one computer.
- There will be pre-course assignments and required readings before class,
and short homework assignments between class sessions.
- View the online learning expectations for ICM national certification courses
- Practice Sessions are highly recommended
for first-time ICM virtual course attendees. Sessions are held on the second Monday of each month from 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm Eastern Time. Join at 3:00 to receive a
full orientation to the Zoom features used in ICM courses. Click here to join each
session - no pre-registration required.
Opportunity: Those from a Consortium state or Licensee Partner organization interested in becoming faculty for this course should contact their judicial educator to inquire
about the need for additional faculty before registering for the course. Once approved by your judicial educator/administrator, please register for the course and select the
"Faculty Candidate National Program" registration option at checkout.
Faculty candidates must complete the Adult Learning Theory virtual
session which includes information on adult learning theory, ICM faculty policies and presentation skills.
ICM Partner Faculty teaching ICM courses virtually are also required to
take a Faculty Strategies for Virtual Engagement virtual session to build their virtual teaching skills.
Both webinars will be held several times in 2024.
Leaders in the 21st century must inspire, communicate a
vision, and master the workforce and work environment. In this course, participants will become familiar with the major theories and practices of leadership, including what it
takes to exercise leadership as an individual, as the leader of teams, and as the leader of an organization that must work effectively with other branches of government and
As a result of participating in this course,
participants will be able to:
- Identify traits, activities, and models of leadership.
- Explore the differences between leadership and management and the value each brings to an
- Demonstrate personal and organizational legitimacy through transparency and accountability in
- Discuss the relationships and connections needed for leaders to be effective in an interdependent
- Advocate for a governance structure that promotes effective communication, collaborative
decision-making, and teamwork.
Payment and ICM Cancellation Policies:
Course Certificates: Course
completion certificates will be given only to those participants who attend the entire course and who have made full tuition payment.
Cancellation Policy: Participants
who wish to cancel their registration must do so no later than five business days prior to the start date of the course. Those who cancel fewer than five days prior to the start
date will be charged a $100.00 cancellation fee. No refunds are given after the start of the course.
Certification Policy: It is ICM’s
policy that participants seeking program certification from ICM complete their course of study within a 7-year timeframe for each of the following two levels of certification:
Certified Court Manager (CCM) and Certified Court Executive (CCE).