Date/Time:9/12/2023 12:00 PM - 9/20/2023 4:00 PM, 4 days
Workforce management helps an organization achieve its mission and goals by acquiring and maintaining a productive workforce. In this course participants will learn how workforce practices, policies, and procedures can either help a court comply with employment laws or expose the court to significant legal consequences. In addition, participants will learn recruitment, selection, and retention procedures, and performance management principles that encourage a high-performance work environment. Participants will also explore how to develop strong employee relations and the intricacies of interacting with employee interest groups and organized labor. Further, participants will learn the importance of organizational development in a diverse world and the importance of career development, mentoring, and succession planning.
As a result of participating in this course, participapnts will be able to:
- Identify sound workforce management polocies, procedures, and practices for the courthouse work environment.
- Identify and discuss key federal employment laws that impact the courthouse work environment.
- Identify and apply effective recruitment and selection principles, as well as orientation.
- Articulate effective worrkforce performance management techniques, including workforce development, mentoring, and succession planning.
- Identify and apply employee relations principles, including discipline.